Customer service is crucial to any business. It is the most important aspect of any business; it is the frontline of the company. Customers remember good service. Good customer service is all about bringing customers back, sending your existing customers away happy. Happy customers will spread the word to others, who may then try the product or service you offer for themselves and become repeat customers as well. Companies with great customer service do not have to do a hard sales pitch to potential clients; they let their reputation precede them.
Customers remember good service or really terrible service. Customer service representatives are the people that your customers are interacting with. They represent your company and you want them to offer the very best service possible so that your clients will want to continue doing business with your company. Really terrible service could result in the loss of a client who could speak poorly about your business to others.
In this virtual world, getting good service can be extremely frustrating at times. One of the biggest complaints is lack of personal connection when customers try to reach a company by phone or submitting a complaint via email and not receiving a response in a timely fashion, if ever.
Open communication between the client and customer service is extremely important. Having a contact person(s) for clients to contact who genuinely cares about their issue(s) is the most import aspect of any business. It should always be easy for clients to reach customer service. Prompt replies to all inquiries are vital. It is alright to say you do not have the answer, as long as the reply includes a time frame for when you will have the answer. Customers will remember favorably a good experience with your customer service and let others know.
Here are a few tips for providing good customer service:
- Polite and excellent phone manner;
- Listening to the clients and ensuring that they are heard and understood;
- Reliability, getting back to the client with an answer to a question as promised, even if you don’t have the answer, following through and letting them know you are working on it;
- If there is a complaint, paying attention to it and finding the best solution for the client. Again, keeping in touch with the client so that they know and feel that they are important to the business; and
- Always being helpful and making that extra effort for the client.
Providing good customer service is an asset to any business. People will remember the service and pass the word on. Word of mouth is the best form of marketing your business to others.
We would be happy to hear of your customer service tips. All suggestions are welcome. For more information, you can contact us here.